Dear Parents and Carers,
The State Government released return to school guidelines for regional Victoria today and we will welcome students back in a staggered fashion.
- From Monday, 4th October, all VCE Unit 4 final year students will return to the classroom full-time, as they were at the end of Term Three.
- From Wednesday, 6th October, once final year students have completed the GAT, regional Year 11 students and Year 10 students studying VCE Unit 1-2 subjects will also return to prepare for their final assessments and exams. Further information for Year 10 students and families will be provided.
- From Monday, 11th October, a staggered approach will apply so all students are back in the classroom at least part-time.
- students in Years 8-9 will attend school on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- students in Year 10 will attend on Thursdays and Fridays
- students in Year 7 will return five days a week.
- From Tuesday, 26th October, all students will be back in the classroom full-time.
COVID case in Colac
As you may be aware by now a positive COVID-19 case has been reported in Colac.
Contact tracing is underway and the DHHS is identifying exposure sites and will notify these through their website.
We ask that anyone in a household where someone is required to be tested and isolate also isolates until a negative test result is received.
We will update you on any information provided to us.
GAT on Tuesday
Please note that the General Achievement Test (GAT) for VCE Unit 3-4 students will take place on Tuesday and there will be no formal classes that day for other year levels.
In the meantime, please stay safe, socially distance, wear your masks, get tested if you are unwell and keep us informed if you or your children are impacted by this latest Covid-19 outbreak and are required to be tested and isolate.
We will continue offering our vulnerable students that have registered via firstname.lastname@example.org the opportunity to receive supervision at school during remote learning.
Paul Clohesy, Principal