In addition to the VCE and VCAL, there are other options that can be studied at the senior level.
To complement their senior studies, students may also choose from auxiliary programmes that run parallel with the VCE and VCAL. Options available to students include a range of VET (Vocational Educational and Training) courses and SBATs (School Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships). There are numerous options available in these areas and these are always dependent on the student’s interests as to the study areas chosen.
Various programs give students the opportunity to:
- Complete the VCE or VCAL Certificate
- Achieve a Nationally Accredited Certificate
- Achieve a Statement of Results listing all modules and/or units of competence obtained
- Gain valuable work experience through placement or structured workplace learning
- Achieve a contribution towards their ATAR score.
There are benefits to undertaking a VET Certificate and/or an ASBA, which give students the opportunity to:
- Gain two certificates at the end of Year 12
- Gain practical experience in the workplace
- Learn, develop and apply skills and knowledge relevant to the workplace
- Develop an understanding of employer expectations
- Add variety to their study
- Gain competence in work related skills and enhance employment prospects
- Make contacts in the work place
- Gain credit toward further TAFE education.
Further information about VET or SBATs are available from the Trinity College Careers Officer.